Man's Search for Meaning

Man's Search for Meaning - Viktor E. Frankl, Harold S. Kushner Man's Search For Meaning is split into two sections, the author's account of his experiences in concentration camps during World War 2 and the author's approach to psychology. I kept trying to guilt myself into reading the second half, but I lost all momentum a few pages into it. I felt like I was reading a technical expounding of a simple concept that he had thoroughly demonstrated in the first part. I know there are tomes out there that prove that 1+1=2, but the truth of the matter is self-evident enough to me that it is of no practical use to me (as a non-mathematician) to read them. I felt the same about logotherapy, the author's approach to psychology in which a person's need for meaning is given primary importance. He's hit upon something that has evident truth to it and I am able to take that and internalize it just fine without another hundred pages of explanation.

This is not to discourage anyone else from reading it, in fact I recommend it. I think mileage will vary though.